[ 2012, Rita Schellenberg, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, NCSC, CCMHC, ACS, all rights reserved ]
Dr. Rita Schellenberg
Dr. Schellenberg provides discrete on-location preventative and responsive services to enhance
performance and restore the well-being of children and adolescents, getting the system back on track
in a timely manner. Services include:
- stress, fear, and fatigue management
- relationships/issues that poison performance and climate
- relating and responsibility for promoting creativity in self and others
- mediation and conflict resolution
- clashing values and beliefs
- motivation and positive attitude
- physical and psychological demands of performance
- environmental/reality acceptance
- coping strategies (including coping with success)
- assessing comfort levels with expections/roles
Potential benefits of counselor-facilitated consulting services for performance-driven industries:
- establish the company as one that recognizes and values the unique needs of minors,
attracting top performers and gaining parental support.
- mediate personal, social, and emotional issues that impede production and adversely
impact individual performance and quality of company production.
- provide a caring environment that promotes safety and creativity.
- identify issues early and take swift action for the least interference with production and
- address developmental, psychosocial, and emotional needs of culturally diverse children
- reduce adolescent reliance upon substances that often negatively impact performance,
performer well-being, and create costly production delays.
- provide interviews to identify potential or existing obstacles to performance.